Standardized business process automation
In addition to mapping completely new business processes, the standardized design of frequently used processes drives the success and efficiency of your workload automation installation.
Streamworks Workload Automation
Streamworks from arvato Systems has defined a new standard in the area of workload automation. Workload automation entails more than event-based processing and effective user interaction by means of workflow components: Its core feature is cross-platform and cross-application, i.e. cross-company, automation. Let us demonstrate how you can use Streamworks to reduce your operating costs while simplifying integration and improving the overall transparency and quality of your IT processes.
- Business cycle-driven operation: The process steps to be executed on any given business day are compiled into a virtual production day. You can freely define the start and end point as well as mandatory sequences that need to be observed due to administrative or commercial requirements.
- Forward-looking processes: Plan, change and check future production dates.
Include specialist departments in the workload automation process via a user-friendly self-service portal
For instance, the finance department could schedule the overnight creation of a standard report based on predefined, individual parameters. Streamworks offers customizable input dialogs for this purpose. This means users can freely define text modules and system prompts in the required language. The dialogs are shown in the self-service portal when requested by a user. Once the required data has been entered, the job chain is executed as configured.
- Perform ad-hoc changes in a flexible and traceable manner: Implement same-day changes without affecting master data; all modifications are fully logged.
- Control the go-live of major batch releases: An export/import utility facilitates migration from testing to live Streamworks environments, and version IDs simplify parallel deployment of multiple job networks.
Empower SAP® users to easily integrate batch jobs into the central scheduler
Wouldn’t it be nice if SAP® users could set up batch jobs in the internal SAP® scheduler themselves? However, this must never negatively impact the current SAP® production.
To make this possible, there must be a fast and reliable way to centrally detect jobs scheduled by users and reschedule them, if necessary. In case of a schedule change, the relevant user should be informed about the scheduled day and time of the batch run.
Streamworks allows SAP® users to conveniently schedule jobs in the self-service portal. Once they have submitted their batch request, the system notifies them about the next possible execution window. Any subsequent status messages are automatically delivered via e-mail.
- Cross-company process control: Control all infrastructure and application platforms from a single location.
- Synchronize IT-related operational and business processes: Make optimal use of system maintenance windows and prevent the occurrence of mutually exclusive actions.
Ensure error-free data production and avoid downtimes
Central software solutions such as Streamworks must meet the demanding security requirements of data centers without fail.
For this reason, regular inspections are needed to identify potential security gaps to ensure compliance with these high security standards.
Renowned external specialists check the user interfaces by performing so-called white box penetration tests. In this test scenario, the auditor has much more background know-how than any potential external attacker would have. These tests have consistently confirmed the high security level delivered by Streamworks.
- Answers at the push of a button: Audit-compliant logging in the ‘stream run journal’ as well as central job log archiving meet the principles of proper accounting (GOB), confirms KPMG.
- Guaranteed information security: Moreover, according to KPMG the implemented password and authentication rules (LDAP, 2-factor, client certificates) and encrypted communication among software components comply with security recommendations.
|Planning and Process Design||IT Automation Control|
Create templates and define standards
Rule editors enable intuitive definition of process logic
Integrated file transfer process
|Change Management||Monitoring & Reporting|
Efficient change management based on versioning
Graphical process view for at-a-glance information
Stream Run Journal
Integrated reporting engine