30% superior ‘return on data’
There are many treasures hidden away in corporate data, such as potentials for optimization – and you can tap into this goldmine by analyzing data across all corporate platforms. However, there are obstacles to be overcome, including the rapid growth of non-z/OS data.
Beta Systems’ new Discovery generation provides leading technology designed to ‘unearth’ these treasures and boost the corporate return on data.
45 functions to meet rising compliance requirements
The upcoming IT security law will force companies operating critical infrastructures to have their technical and other security measures checked by approved auditors at least once every two years. The results, including any safety gaps identified, must be disclosed to the Federal Office for Information Security, BSI.
Discovery offers various functions for implementing efficient, automated compliance monitoring.
Discovery generation application features
- Support of new z/OS 2.1 functions (Discovery products only)
- New BSA (V6.1) with extended features (including zIIP processors for compression tasks)
- Specific new functions for the Discovery basic products
- New product packages with core functions and extension packages
Each Core will include:
- Many components that previously required separate licenses, such as Extended Input (Beta 93) or event processing
- Launch jobs on non-z/OS platforms using the integrated agent network based on Beta 92 Enterprise Job Manager (EJM)
- Integrated data transport functions (incl. OSY)
- Processing of z/OS workloads and non-z/OS workloads, improved system utilization and more performant z/OS system
- Cores contain a basic volume package for ‘Non-z/OS Workload’
Integrated compliance functions
- 45 ‘IT Configuration Audit’ monitoring functions facilitate automatic verification of basic protection
- Internal monitoring of Beta products under z/OS (reports)
- Data Privacy package for Beta 93
- Real-time monitoring (Beta 89)
Numerous (standardized) expansion packs, for example:
- Volume packages for ‘Non-z/OS Workload’
- Integration into VTAM, CICS and IMS environments (Beta 91, Beta 92, Beta 93)
- SAP package (Beta 92, Beta 93)